An interim change letter issued on August 9, 2021, covers wide-ranging changes to the CAP Uniform Manual, CAPR 39-1.
Some of the changes include:
- Medical waivers related to beards
- Guidance on acceptable face coverings to be worn with various CAP uniforms
- Changes to hair standards for both male and female members. For females with long hair, the CAP regulation aligns with recent changes to Air Force standards, allowing single or double braids or a ponytail that falls below the shoulders.
- An option for females to wear trousers as part of the mess dress uniform
- A new Volunteer University Instructor badge
- New aviation insignia for sUAS technicians and pilots