Cadet/Lt. Col. Jacob Little will serve as cadet commander of the 2020 Arizona Wing Summer Encampment at Ft. Huachuca. He provides the following information for cadets who are interested in applying to be part of the encampment cadet cadre:
The 16th Arizona Cadet Training Group is beginning to come together. The first major piece is forming our cadet cadre. We are looking for hardworking, motivated, and excited cadets to apply for this summer’s encampment.
To apply, follow this link. Use the online application to submit everything to the executive cadre.
After registering, applicants will plan on attending the selection exercise on Saturday, 4 April at 1200. The location will be at the Arizona Wing facility at 7011 N El Mirage Rd, Glendale, AZ 85307.
NOTE: The CCSE will begin at 1200 which means you should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to allow for time to turn in paperwork and get settled in.
The executive cadre leading the activity includes:
- C/LtCol Jacob Little, Cadet Commander
- C/Capt Tristan Obregon, Cadet Deputy Commander for Operations
- C/1st Lt Tera Smeltzer, Cadet Deputy Commander for Support
Cadets attending the CCSE will arrive in the Battle Dress or Airman Battle Uniform. Please review CAPR 39-1 to ensure you are correctly following uniform standards.
What to bring:
- Completed CAPF 60-81 with your Squadron Commander’s approval
- The supporting document described below
- Water and snack
- Eat lunch prior to arrival
What to expect:
- Open Ranks Inspection
- Drill Evaluation
- CAP Knowledge Exam (Exam will cover uniform standards, drill, leadership concepts, and the Encampment Guide)
- Team Leadership Problem
This supporting document is to give us an insight into you and how you would perform your responsibilities as a cadre member. You only have to provide 1 document for the position you put as your first choice. However, providing documentation for the other two choices is permitted. Please provide the correct document for the position listed below AT THE CCSE.
- Cadet Squadron Commander – A letter speaking of your character by a peer. (C/1st Lt and above)
- Cadet Flight Commander – A letter speaking of your character by a peer (C/2nd Lt and above)
- Cadet Flight Sergeant – A letter of recommendation by a peer (C/2nd Lt and above)
- Public Affairs – A well-edited video OR a collection of 2-5 pictures with an article
- Standard Evaluations Team – A layout of what you would like cadet bunks and dressers to look like with detail AND a letter speaking to your organizational skills and work ethic.
- Logistics – A letter of recommendation from any of the following: Squadron Commander, Deputy Commander for Cadets, or any cadet officer.