The January 2019 issue of the Southwest Region Fly-By is now available and includes eight stories submitted by Arizona Wing squadrons. The articles include:
- A story by Cadet Tech. Sgt. Elena Paz about the Yuma Composite Squadron’s participation in Wreaths Across America on page 4.
- A combined article by Lt. Col. Robert Ditch, Falcon Composite Squadron, and Capt. Margot Myers, Deer Valley Composite Squadron, about the squadrons’ involvement in Veterans’ Day activities on page 8.
- On page 14, a story about the Scottsdale Senior Squadron and the Paradise Valley Cadet Squadron working together on two events at the Scottsdale Airport.
- A CAP-cadet-turned-Naval-aviator is the focus of a story by Staff Sgt. John Horne, Sky Harbor Composite Squadron, on page 24.
- Majors Dave Girolami and Steve Hulland contributed a story about events that brought CAP members together with two Tucson-based military units on page 26.
- On page 29, Lt. Col. Ditch submitted an article about a search and rescue mission in the Hualapai Mountains of northwestern Arizona that involved AZ Wing air crews, incident command and ground team members, along with the Arizona-based National Cell Phone Forensics Team.
- A story on page 32 describes the recognition of five Arizona Wing cadets who earned the Billy Mitchell Award at the State Capitol by a representative of Gov. Doug Ducey.
- Finally, on page 35, 2nd Lt. Roy Morales, Willie Composite Squadron, contributed a story about the change of command ceremony that took place in December.
Read these stories, plus more from across the Southwest Region, in the new Fly-By.