2019 Arizona Wing Conference
Information for those interested in attending the 2019 Southwest Region/Arizona Wing Conference
- Date: April 26-28, 2019
- Location: Wild Horse Pass Hotel, 5040 Wild Horse Pass Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85226
- Who may attend: Any Civil Air Patrol member may attend. This year, there are many activities designed specifically for cadets on Saturday, April 27.
- Agenda: The agenda will remain flexible right up until the conference, but a draft agenda as of April 13, 2019, can be seen here. Click on each breakout session to see who the presenter(s) will be.
- Awards Banquet: The annual Arizona Wing Awards Banquet will take place on Saturday, April 27, beginning with a social hour at 6 p.m. There will be live music from The Forever Young Orchestra (featuring Arizona Wing’s own Capt. Brian Tucek on trumpet). The guest speaker is Col. Mike Mullane, USAF Retired, a former NASA astronaut who flew on three space shuttle missions. The major “Of the Year” awards for Arizona Wing members will be presented.
- Hotel rooms: There may still be rooms available at the discounted rate of $135/night. Call hotel reservations at 520.796.4900 and mention “Civil Air Patrol BOG & AZ Wing Conference.” You will need to provide your own credit card number to hold your reservation at the time of booking.
- Go to the Eventbrite site for the conference.
- In the upper left-hand corner, there’s a red button reading “Select Dates.” Pick either of the two options from the drop-down menu. Even though both options say Friday, that doesn’t matter; both take you to the full range of tickets available.
- The red button turns green and now reads “Tickets.” Click on that button.
- In the pop-up window, all of the available ticket options, from the Friday social mixer to the Sunday commander’s call will be listed.
- Enter the number of tickets you want for each event you will attend during the conference.
- Click “Checkout,” enter your payment information and you’re done.
- sUAS Flying Competition: New at the 2019 SW Region/AZ Wing Conference is the AZ Wing sUAS Flying Competition on Saturday, April 27. The competition is open to all conference attendees (senior members and cadets). Competitors are welcome to use their own drones in the contest. See a video about the competition here. Read the competition guidelines here.
- Tickets: Register and purchase tickets to attend any of the conference activities (see “Registration” above). Cadets may attend the Saturday general session and cadet breakout sessions for free, but still need to register. Cadets wishing to stay for the pizza party at 5 p.m. may purchase a ticket for $10.
- UOD: The Uniform of the Day options for the various conference activities are spelled out on the Eventbrite conference registration page for both cadets and senior members.