Nine members of the Arizona Wing recently completed the week-long Southwest Region Staff College, held at Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque. Three additional Wing members served in staff positions at the college.
The college is an intensive learning experience with a widely varied curriculum. Students tackle both individual and group projects, working in their seminar groups each evening to discuss and formulate strategies to address various scenarios that a commander may face.
The students included:
- Lt. Col. Dave Alegre, Prescott Composite Squadron 206
- Maj. Seth Grenke, Yuma Composite Squadron 508
- Capt. Gordon Helm, Deer Valley Composite Squadron 302
- Capt. Peter Iannone, Prescott Composite Squadron 206
- Capt. Keith Knotek, Presscott Composite Squadron 206
- Maj. Mark Maciha, Dan Kenney Composite Squadron 201
- Capt. Michael Miller, Falcon Composite Squadron 305
- Capt. Margot Myers, Deer Valley Composite Squadron 302
- Capt. Clarence Rebello, Falcon Composite Squadron 305
Lt. Col. Newton Muehleisen served as the director of the college. Lt. Col. Heather Muehleisen was the medical officer and Maj. Stuart Smith (Yuma) was one of three seminar advisors. The seminar advisors are staff college graduates who excelled as students and are invited back to support current students.